Thursday, August 14, 2008

Updates/Strange Evenings.


Hey,

So I've updated the blog to include some blogs that I regularly read. The writers are friends, so show your support! Also, if you want me to read your blog, or add it to the list, send me the link in an e-mail. I've also added a photo of myself, and this picture to the left is of me as well, since I have been asked to do that by the readers who don't know me personally. I'm debating on starting a photo album, just because I don't know if I want other people in my life "out there", but we'll see.

In other news, I had yet another odd outing. Now, I know the subject of this blog is my mis-adventures, so today's mis-adventure is based on dating. I met someone, be it an unconventional way, and we were supposed to go downtown. Well, I had a bunch of errands to run and whatnot, so I was pushing the rental car. Well, one of my errands was to get this tattoo of mine touched up, and the shop was in the burbs. So, I drove to pick up the guy, and then drove to the tattoo shop, figuring that we could talk in the meanwhile. Well, I'm no prude, but I believe if you ask someone to have a meal with you, you should be prepared to pay for said meal. Especially if you know the other person is unemployed. 

So, imagine my surprise when this dude wants a ride back to his house in my car, which is all out of my way, after not paying the bill at the dinner. Mind you, we weren't at some fancy place, we went to Schoops! The average tab of a person at Schoops, a midwestern burger joint, is $10! Yeah, I'm just lucky I had the money. I especially made it clear I was unemployed, while this guy works, and also made it clear I don't believe in paying for a meal that you were invited to. I paid my half, and took him home, and deleted his number out of my phone. If he calls, which I'm pretty sure he won't, I'll tell him not to call me again. Some could say I'm tripping, but let's not forget HE invited me out. HE wanted to eat. HE knew I was unemployed. HE knew I was broke. Bastard. So now I wonder, is chivalry dead? Or is it alive and well?

Thoughts?

*Ashley Robin*

No comments: