Saturday, August 9, 2008

Subscribe if you Wanna, If You Wanna...

Hey,

So I've received the 20th good comment about my blog. Thanks to everyone who reads and laughs, cries or just plain ol' feels sorry for me. LOL...if I read this and I wasn't me, I'd feel bad for me....because things are pretty sh**ty right about now...however, they'll get better. Just so everyone knows so I don't have to answer them over and over again, I've posted the 10 most asked questions I've received about this little venture of mine, and the answers I've given to them.

Why have you decided to blog now, with all this stuff you have going on in your life? Aren't you supposed to keep the personal things, well...personal?
A regular and sane person probably would keep things that happen in their life to themselves, however, if you have read my blogs or know me personally, you'd know that I am neither regular or sane. The honest truth is, I'm not doing it looking to get a million hits or anything like that, but I have all this stuff rolling around in my head and it drives me crazy not being able to somehow get it out of me. For me, writing this blog to "nobody and everybody" is a way for me to release it. I also like hearing what people have to say about my drama, sometimes another opinion helps me see things better. And, if I am able to help another person resolve their issues, which I have; read about it here, then it's a great thing and will make me feel less sorry for myself and less inclined to drink.

Does this stuff really happen to you, or are you just making it up?
I promise that every word that happens is true. I tell the events as they happen, and I try to not embellish too many things or change too many details, and if I did, it only is to protect the identities of those involved. Honestly, my life is crazy, chaotic and really random, that's why I named it the MisAdventures of Ashley Robin, not the Wonderful Happenstances of Ashley Robin. 

When are you gonna talk more about your childhood?
I had no idea people even wanted to know what I was like when I was a kid, but I'll slowly bring up my childhood, which was just as strange as my life now, if not stranger...

How often do you plan on posting entries? Is there a way to request you to talk about certain things?
Well, it's easy for me to post regularly now because I'm not as busy, but during the school year, I'll try to post at least 2x a week. They may not be super long, or they may expand into videos so that those who don't know me can finally see what I really look like! Leave me a comment if you want something in particular discussed, and as long as I have an intelligent and blogworthy view on the subject, I'll blog it.

How do you feel when someone writes something negative about you?
Honestly, there's so much negative crap going on right now, nothing some internet thug could say would rattle me too much. I'm sure as my life gets more positive, there will be the one hater in the midst, and they'll be free to hate, because honestly...it keeps me going!

So, do you have a boyfriend? If not, can I take you out?
Wait, you read all my psycho babble and weird issues and you're still attracted and interested in me? WOW...well, meet me at a local sushi bar and I'm all yours. Don't like sushi? Well, then I'm not game. Because the bottom line, if you're a lame, a psycho, a nerd, a stalker, a jealous ex or just dumb, at least I'll have gotten some good maki out of it. I can deal with anything if there's maki on the table.

What do you look like?
I'm me. Nameless to those who don't know me...and Ashley to those who do. Apparently a lot of people in Japan read my blog and are curious. For them, I'll post a picture of myself soon.

Are you going to try to parlay this blog-writing into a living?
I don't really know. I say that because if I was trying to, I'd be busting my ass to get more and more hits, have ads all over and whatnot...and that's not really the kind of blog I'm interested in having. I think if I had thousands of people reading this a day, and knew about it, the entries might become edited just because I'd know that the phrase "blogging to nobody and everybody" would become just blogging to everyone. And while I love people, some of my business has to stay just mine. Plus, since half the stuff takes place because I am seeking higher education, it might become a little boring if I just sat on my laptop all the time.

What kind of laptop are you using to blog?
I'm currently on a 15-inch Macbook Pro with Windows Vista loaded onto it as well. I like the interface of Mac OS better than Wndows, but let's face it, the world is Windows-based...for now. (You guys are seeing the beginnings of an evil plan forming...haha)

Any advice to someone looking to write a blog?
Well, I'm no Perez, getting a few hits a day does not make me an expert, but I'd say be yourself. It shouldn't matter if anyone reads it or not, because let's face it, everyone blogs, so they probably won't....but if you are 100% true to yourself, then at least you can have one fan. 

So those are the questions I've received and my answers. If you ask me any of these after my posting this, you will get a note or im with this link and a swift kick in the ass. 

That is all.

PS- Just so you know, I will be blogging more about things going on, I'm just getting my thoughts together about what I want to say. There is some physical damage with the accident, but I am okay, thanks to modern medicine. That's another entry though. Thanks for the concern. 

Live Life Like It's the Fourth Quarter and 90 seconds left in the game,
Ashley Robin


No comments: