Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Forward Thinking (In Relation to Gender Roles)

Yes, I know, two in one day! Damn insomnia has me up and thinkin more about the differences in gender, these damn gender roles for example. LOL. So in my thinking, I realized that I have some serious forward thinking on a lot of ish, a lot of which I'll expound on in further blogs.... My guys all say, "Ash, you think like a ni99a!" LOL, I guess that's true.

I'm worried about all these damn gender roles that men and women have, as well as this double standard shit...for example...if a guy sleeps with 50 girls, he's a playa, whereas a girl sleeps with 50 dudes, she's a slut. Now, in no way have I slept with 50 dudes in my lifetime, but I would appreciate being able to explore my sexual freedom as openly as my male buddies.

A few days ago, I was kickin it with some of my guy friends and one of them, who I'll call George*, is a big time pretty boy. I mean, girls see this dude and they go apeshit crazy...when we were younger, George tried to spit his game at me, but I told him to go kick rocks. Why? Well, his face was too perfect. I like guys who have something wrong with their faces. Like their ears or nose or their eyes are too big, or they have a scar or two, or something like that. Basically things that add character to a face. George hasn't even been in a serious fight in his life. Anyway, George was sleeping with a girl named Amy*. Amy was cool with a girl named Sasha* who George also slept with. Then, this fool got Sasha and her own sister Paula* in a threesome. When he came over, the dudes were giving him mad props, like he built the pyramids all by himself. Now, I had mentioned to my boy that one of the chicks he used to mess with got burnt by some dude, and everyone started screaming "she's a whore", but i knew at least two of the dudes in the room had at least had her on her knees once! 

So I was not letting that ish go...I said, "So since some of y'all in here have fu**ed or let her su*k you off, I guess that makes y'all hoes too" and I got immense boos. So my question is, what is the deal with that? Why are there different sexual standards for men and women...is it because women have the 'cavern' while men are the 'explorers'? (That's something that i heard once referring to genitalia, and it always made me laugh my ass off). Give me your thoughts...

*Ashley Robin*

The stick figures picture, I find so hilarious and probably will try to use them when I do talk about sex, (which will be in upcoming posts, since I've gotten emails to do posts about that) are from about.com. I don't think they had THAT in mind when they made those stick figures, eh? Oh, and just so you guys know, (before I get a ton of questions about it) that picture of the "After Sex Towel" is an of actual product, which can be purchased here, either for actual use or as a gag gift. *No joke meant by the word 'gag' either.

*- Names are changed, please do not try to find these people in my friends list...they are there, just not under these names. LOL.

No comments: