Friday, September 12, 2008

The New Goal

Hey,

Just wanted to say hi, and give a few updates on stuff. Nothing too elaborate today, my head is pounding, I think my cat is sick and I've gotta get up in the morning.

1- My male BFF Kevin is so much better now. Against all odds, he's still here, and he managed to walk out of the hospice they'd put him in after he was basically in a drug-induced coma to reduce his pain. The hospice stay was 3 weeks, he woke up after the first week and immediately wanted to leave. He worked towards it and made that a goal, and he did it. Immediately after leaving, he went to a holistic doctor, and fasted for 3 weeks to get all the toxins out of his body, eating only small organic dishes on the weekends, and drinking only organic juice and water during the week. I haven't seen him, he's still in California, but from the phone I know his voice sounds stronger and he sounds more rested. He has yet to go see a doctor, but when he does, I am hoping the prognosis is good. For all purposes, it is a miracle.

2-I've put up a "Donate" button on the right side of the blog. It's for my trip to Europe after my graduation in May of 2009. I've always wanted to go, and I figure asking for donations, the worse thing that will happen is that no one will contribute. If you have a buck or two that you wouldn't mind sharing, hook me up. The money's going into an account that I'm setting up to save for the trip, and whatever you contribute will be greatly appreciated.

3- I'll be doing my radio show Saturday night, discussing one of my favorite topics, RELATIONSHIPS, (haha) from 7 to 9pm, and I'm going to try to blog as I do it. We'll see how well it works. If you are interested in listening, click here. Follow the prompts on the website, under the "Listen Live" area. If you have a question, you can ask it in the comments or email me here if you want your comment to be more private.

Take care and I, as always, want your thoughts...

*Ashley Robin*

2 comments:

ZACK said...

I don't know if I can trust Pay Pal. I'm going to take a leap of Faith and send you a "little change" later this week. :)

That was good news to hear about Kevin. I hope that nothing but good things come to him from now on. Well, he already has an excellent friend, so I know things will continue to progress in a favorable way.

Ashley Robin said...

thanks zack...

yeah its all going to the official "help me get to europe" fund. im planning on spending a few weeks there, just staying in hostels and being a bit of a bum. kinda like how i am now, except without my mom around. so pass along the word, and help a sister, if you can! no worries if your distrust is too much to contribute, i will not hold it against you.

kevin is just a living miracle...going from being given last rites and told pretty much that your life is over, to being able to (slowly) resume your normal life and do things you'd never thought you'd do again. i get emotional just thinking about it. sigh.

thanks for the continued support...