Saturday, September 20, 2008

Seeing the World in Technicolor

Hey,

I've been M.I.A. for a couple of days, just because a lot has been going on. Life is a bit of a whirlwind right now, what can I say. I feel like my view of the world is much more optimistic than other people's. Yes, that may be naive of me, but who cares? I see the glass as half full, and I believe that things can and will get better. 

This economy is f**ked up...almost to all hell. Thanks to Georgie Bush, we're in a war that most of us don't agree with, people are dying everyday, and 60,000 people a week are losing their homes. Now, John InSane said that that number is so high because these people got into mortgages that they could not afford. I got a wake up call for his ass....my mother is in the mortgage industry. She's been in that industry for fourteen years...and I asked her opinion about it. She says that in order to even determine a mortgage payment for a potential buyer, you have to take 33% of their income and use that as a barometer of what they could pay each month. This number is 33%, simply because they figure the average person uses 2/3rds of their income to pay bills, survive and save. Also the future homeowner also has to have very little exorbitant debt, because otherwise their ratios would be off and they'd be unable to pay. She thinks it's unfair of InSane to assume that all these people just jumped into expensive mortgages, but instead to ask the mortgage professional that prepared their loan if they set these people up. Option ARMs are not permanent, and some people forgot that. Others lost their jobs and couldn't afford their mortgage or any other bill. It was sad and terrible to see.

But I believe it will get better. I know it looks bleak, but I know that all the economists will get together and get a credible solution going. I also believe once the Iraqi war ends, it will provide us with a reprieve, that companies will come back to the United States and people will have faith in the American dollar and it will be strong. It will take hard work, belt pinching and some fiscal conservation, but it will happen. So have faith. 

Thoughts?

*Ashley Robin*

1 comment:

ZACK said...

Thanks for the inside "expert" information passed on from your Mom. (Tell her I said hi)

This economy is a mess right now, and who knows how to solve it? But if they bail out one more rich company, I am going to scream! Wait...let me get my scream out now because I know they are going to do it again...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!