Monday, June 12, 2006

Renewed Sense of My Life: I'm Lovin It!

The past few weeks, I've been out of it. Between being my getting sick, mom being sick, Kev being sick and then all this hating bullshit from spineless no-names, I've been so...unlike me. I know it, you know it and it's time for me to not be. My drama with my ex had me all fukked up, so yesterday, I called him up, and decided it was the time to have..."THE" talk. Well, that's what we did. We talked about everything, from the beginning to the end of our time together. Found out he was jealous, which shocked the hell out of me considering the type of guy he is. Found out his mom liked me, and calls me her daughter, despite us telling her a while ago that we weren't together, and even scored an invite to a family function. Found out he also had plans to change some of the things about him that I didn't like, but it was going to be an uncomfortable change. (We both decided it be best to be who we are.) And, the most important thing...I found out that we are really great friends.

We laughed, smiled, hugged and there was nothing but love in the air. When he walked me to my car, we were back to how we were when we were dating, (but not really involved) just really, really cool. (Minus my gushing and major crush-like feelings towards him..lol) He told me something that I'll never forget, that out of all the women he's dated, I was his equal and if he ever got it together well enough that he'd think it would work, he'd forget the dating and all that, and just ask me to be his. He said that no matter what, I'd still be sexy confident Ash, and that's who I need to be forever. So, I got in my whip, placed my sunglasses over my eyes, put the top down, and let my hair blow all around me as I drove off.

Went to the doctor, who gave me yet another checkup...and told me that I was okay to continue my regular lifestyle, but just to cut back on the physically demanding workouts. Sigh...nothing like getting my blood pumping in the gym. Anyway, he recommended I do yoga, which is something I hadn't really thought about. I mean, Madonna's got a killer body and she does it...so I'm off to find a yoga class.

Went to the gym and hit the crap out of the bag...which to be honest had never really felt THAT good. Then, I went home, piled up with my 360 and zoned out for a few hours until my male counterpart, Kev, called me and invited me to an all-guy sleepover at my and his boy's crib (the best friend of my ex (who happened to come by, and stayed...no weirdness at all...damn, we keep our circle tight!!!!). While there, I managed to kick everyone's ass in Call of Duty and managed to get the hang of Madden on 360. Despite my practicing at home, I felt proud. No delegating me to watching...I was all in the game!

This morning, I came home, ate some breakfast and bummed around, waiting on these work documents to come so I could fill them out. (They never came...boo.) My week, so far, would be awesome if I didn't have this jury thing over my head...but I'll know in less than 24 hours. I'm going out this weekend, who wants to come along?!

The Lovely Ash's Back....
You really didn't think I'd be down for that long, would you?

Ashley Robin

P.S.- Watched Hell's Kitchen...definitely the best cooking reality show since Top Chef. As a matter of fact, it's like Top Chef on Heroin....

No comments: