Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's A New Dawn, New Day, New Life for me..and I'm Feeling Good

I love the fact that I'm stress-free. I LOVE IT! Nothing can affect my happiness. I can't do the hard training right now, so I've gotten into yoga and pilates and back into my ballet. I was at the gym, just dancing, to the above mentioned song, actually....(ten points for you if you know it, lol) and I'd never felt so good. I think it's because I've let all the negativity wash away, like dirt on my toes, and just go down a drain to wind up far, far away.

I never would have thought letting go of certain issues would make me feel so....elated to be. I mean, not only did I cease caring about trifling mess and the people associated with it, I also got things straight with my ex...which did wonders for both of us, since we were both too damn confused...and I managed to slow down physically, so that I wouldn't wear myself ragged. Being forced to wasn't a good thing, of course being forced to do anything you don't want to sucks, but it made me realize what was important.

School. My health. My family. My spirit. My dreams and goals. (Not in any order, mind you) But sometimes they intersect. I've decided that going to grad school is a must. I have to go. Hell, I want to go. I'm ready to go...NOW! LOL. Plus, it'd make me feel more confident entering into my field, and I'm more liable to get a job with a graduate degree, killer persona and nice looks than just looks and persona alone, since almost everyone has a undergrad degree these days. So the plan, over the next year, is to go look at the schools I'd want to apply to.

1-Yale
2-NYU
3-Columbia University
4-Northwestern
5-Princeton
6-Georgetown
7-Stanford
8-USC

I want a school with prestige, a strong communications program and a school that is in a big enough city that I can find a part-time job if I need to. I got into half of them for undergrad, (yeah, my SAT scores, grades and recommendations and all that was just that great). So that's my goal for the next year, is to narrow down the aforementioned list to four, and apply to those four the semester before I'm due to graduate.

Gotta go get ready to rock and roll,

Ash

No comments: