Sunday, November 9, 2008

Qualifications for Mr. Robin (An Addition to the Official List of Haters)

Right now, Hugh Laurie (my cat) is the only male that lies in my bed. That'll change sometime soon. 


Hey,

So this cat to the left is my Hugh Laurie. I've never put his picture up on the blog before, mainly because most people know what he looks like, but the picture just seemed so appropriate, as he is the only man who occupies my bed at the moment. And he does so, quite naturally, to be honest. It is funny to see him keeping my bed warm for me in the day, the afternoon and the night. But it's nice to have him as a personal sheet warmer. Even as I type now, he's curled up next to me, leaning on me and watching me type, with his constant "are you for real?" face. He's a funny person, and yes, I refer to him as a person.

Anyway, today's MisAdventure relates to my previous post. If you didn't read it, I was basically summarizing my happiness that Barack Obama has been elected to the highest office in the land. As a result, men (black men in particular) are gonna have to step their game up a little. It was never acceptable for me to date a 'wanna-be' thug, or a guy who didn't know that a belt actually holds the pants up, not in place below their ass. Recently, I have been the subject of an IM conversation with a guy who attends my school. Honestly, I have a very small idea of who this guy is, I know him but I don't KNOW him. This guy is convinced that I'm a hottie, his word, and that because I'm so hot, I should go out with him. 

I've decided to post some highlights from our iChat, and ask you- am I deluded, or was I in the wrong?


him- maybe we can plan a time to meet at school
me-for?
him-just to talk and catch up on things
me-isnt that what we are doing now
him-yes but i think it would be nice to see you again in person
me-why
him-so we can kiss. JK no, i mean i just think it would be a good experience
me-why?
him-because i want to be your friend and get to know you
me-why?him-because youre sooo my type jK
me-um...
him-well the real reason is because i think highly of you and i want to get to know you in a lot of ways
me-why him-because i want to get to know you. i like you i think youre a hottie foxy
me-?
him-seriously i think youre really cute i think youre soooo hot youre too hot to handle too cold to hold
me-what? him-i told you i like you me-but you don't know me him-but i want to me-nah
him-nah what? why are you not taking me seriously? me-no
him-give me a reason why not we're both black
me-well, because when pressed to say why you're interested in me, you just say im hot
him-you are hot like in a sexy way
me-yeah, but that doesn't do anything for me sorry
him-youre on fire are you into knuckleheads and thugs? im a good catch a true gentleman
me-no
him-i have more to offer than other guys at school
me-im into men that wear suits that have goals
him-they dont have what i have
me-that could be a future anything i need a guy who has more than me, who makes me want to be a better person
him-theyre just ghetto snipes i mean they probably didnt even vote on drugs or gay or felons
me-are you even reading what i said wow
him-yes i reaad it
me-that's not a thug i described

He goes on to tell me that I've underestimated him because his parents live in a million dollar home that he lives, that he drives a nice car and all that, and because that I want to meet a guy like Barack when I'm in law school, I've described a thug who will never amount to anything in life and who won't even graduate from law school. He also says he's upset that I don't like "decent men" and that I like "bastards". When I say that I'm dead set on what I believe and what I want, he then starts becoming offensive to me, saying that I'm ghetto and ignorant, and that I won't amount to anything either. He's so wonderful, and I'm just a gigantic loser. He says I don't have anything, I won't find anything, then calls me a prejudiced white girl and says I sound like a redneck. It was a mind-blowing conversation.

So, svoneagwish1183, you are #458 on Ashley Robin's Official List of Haters.
Yes, that's his official AIM screename, hit him up and tell him about himself!

Thoughts?

*Ashley Robin*

7 comments:

ZACK said...

He might be a male cat, but he's no p*zzy! LMAO!

Interesting post, Ashley.

Some dudes are just thirsty. While others (like me) are starting to lose their appetite considering how superficial certain sisters are.
(More details at my blog)

That doesn't mean I'm switching teams, though. Oh no. I just don't believe in a fair shot at love for all people.

Mister Evans said...

I'm gone have to go with my man Zack on this one for one this was interesting... and two dude was tooo thirsty... I mean I have problems with some black women... key word SOME I can't switch either black women been too good!

Kofi Bofah said...

Um er ah:

You might want to send him this:

She is Just Not That Into You

Yup...

Raquel Pauline said...

YIKES!!!

The last internet convo I had when I was in college was with this white guy. He asked me to call him "Massa"

I was like, Massa?

It took about an hour for me to get it, he had some slave girl fantasy!!! This was a guy I had been talking to for weeks!! I couldn't believe he would ask me that. Anyway, if you want to meet a nice guy, pull back and let him be sent to you. This is important, let him be sent to you. Be you, be active and he will come. But don't go looking, because you'll actually look like you've been looking and that aint cute. Maybe you'll find him running that marathon.

David Sullivan said...

I think I've told you before...never settle. Dude sounds like a total pompous douchebag.

Cunning_Linguist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cunning_Linguist said...

Not worth it if when you take half a step back he becomes crazy or rude. Same works on the flip side of the coin, boys.

Also... good reason why you two are perfect for each other. Because you are both black? wtf?

Let him go try his game on somebody without a brain. That's all he'll ever get until he gets wise ( if ever).

Raquel.... we're not all like that. Come over to Uncle Cunning and sit with me for a spell. No freaky anything like that. Just good old fashioned heels, hose and candles is more than enough for me. I promise ;)