Sunday, November 30, 2008

The MisAdventurous Ashley Robin is BACK!!

Hey All,

I've been M.I.A. because I have been working on a documentary on Barack Obama for a class. This is the preview (or trailer) for the full length film. It is my baby, basically, and I've been hunched over the computer for many a night with no sleep to get this part done in time. LOL. So, as a side effect, no blogging. Well, now that the video is done, I get parts of my life back and now have to suffer through hoping that people actually like it and understand what it is about. That's probably the hardest part.

I just wanted to figure out why people support Barack Obama, and the answers I got varied. While all aren't in the trailer, some were simple as "he's the black guy" to the complex "he truly understands the plight of the ordinary American" (and then a dialogue about what they feel that plight is...) but it was an interesting journey. I don't know if I'll actually put the real documentary together anytime soon, despite the 09 release date, mainly because I gotta graduate, you know?

I gotta thank the President Elect and his staff for their assistance, as well as all the people I talked to both on and off camera, and my family for watching it over and over again with me. 

But take a look and comment, and be honest in how you feel about it.



*Ashley Robin*

The distressed look of the footage of Barack is to create an illusion of something that happened that passed...

3 comments:

ZACK said...

* Standing on my chair applauding *

This is so professional! You need to teach me how to use video editing software. :)

Ashley Robin said...

thanks, zack...you are far too kind.

I basically learned by fooling around with it when I had time on my hands and footage to just play around with, but I always can show you some things. The hardest part, to me, is timing music with the right scenes and then making sure the music doesn't overpower any voices that you want heard. But it just takes a minute. If you have a Mac, you can try using iMovie to edit something...that's how I started and then I got into the more complex programs.

Kofi Bofah said...

Good work. I liked that.

I peeped the Superman. Superman is big Downstate in Metropolis, IL. (I-57 South for 400 miles or so)

Why did I vote for Obama:

1: No more George Bush.
2: We need to reverse Reaganomics somewhat.
3: The country is in desperate need of hope.
4: Consensus builder will surround himself with intelligent advisers.

The ideas on his platform that I did not support did not preclude me from voting for him because I recognized Game - realizing that they were the carrots of a shrewd politician spewing rhetoric to dispatch Billary (Bill and Hillary).

Windfall oil tax: Uh uh. This would have been a disaster. (Obama has since taken this off the table)

Increasing social programs WITHOUT drastically hiking taxes across the board?

Impossible.