Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's So Hard Being Cold

Hey,

So, I'm in Chicago, home of the 30 below temperatures. The weather, as told by Amy Freeze of Fox News, (enter obvious joke here), is going to be so cold that people are advised to stay indoors unless they absolutely must have to venture outside. With that in mind, what do you think my plans are? Yep, you guessed it, to go outside.

So, why am I venturing out into below zero temperatures, to face the "frozen tundra" and potentially risk frostbite on my person? Simple. I have a date with waffles. Specifically, some of my female friends and a plate of waffles. Fried chicken and extra maple syrup is optional. (But still great.) I don't know if I'll actually do the chicken since I have yet to eat meat in 2009, but we will see. One of my goals for 2009 was to lower the amount of meat I ate, if not cut it out altogether.

I guess I value time with my friends more than I do my fingertips, and maybe that's just dumb. Or, I just really love the taste and the smell of chicken and waffles. But I've got gloves, a hat and a good coat, so I guess that's the most important thing. Meanwhile, I hope and pray that those waffles keep me warm. 

Meanwhile, let me just say that I am not happy about Roland Burris becoming my Senator.I even wrote Durbin a letter in response to it, telling him that I refuse to even acknowledge that man as a Senator-elect. Granted, he has BIG shoes to fill, but still...the man is an idiot and just as big an egomaniac as Blago, if not more so. People hate Blago in Illinois, but any man who has a shrine to himself erected in a cemetery before his actual demise....yeah, no comment there. I just hope that the next two years fly by and someone worthy wins the seat in election. If Burris runs for it, I pray that Lisa Madigan (the person who I felt should have been appointed) runs and kicks his ass in the primary.

More blogs are coming, and I'm always looking for inspiration for more. So hit me up!

Thoughts?

*Ashley Robin*

2 comments:

oNe mAn gAng said...

it is retardedly cold out here...BUT not as cold as I thought it would feel like lol...

But this is definitely not "let's go hit the waffle spot" weather...but then again, the desire for waffles can only be stopped by the return of Jesus.

Kofi Bofah said...

I have just kept it moving on my regular routine.

Did you go to Roscoes?

Save some for me!