Monday, January 5, 2009

Awkward Situations


Hey,

So everyone I know has that "one that got away". You know, the person who you wish more than anything you could get a re-do with, that one guy (or girl) who you know if you just had one more chance with, you'd end up with them, contentedly living out your happy ever after. I've loved a few men in my short 24 years on this planet, and I've loved them hard. I've been lied to, hurt, dragged through the mud, cheated on, etc...and I've grown to be strong and resilient despite all of that. But, I've never really had any regrets in my life as to how things have turned out with all the men I've dated, whether I loved them or not. I've never regretted the decisions I've made, the way in which those decisions were made, or even the drama that surrounded them, simply because it made me who I am today.

Except one.

Oddly enough, he wasn't the one who I thought it would be. No, not Mr. Wonderful (or the former Mr. Wonderful), but someone who has hardly been mentioned on this blog...if at all.Isn't that the way that things turn up, that you end up reflecting on the past and find that in your analyzing of the past that you think more of people who you might not have noticed in the beginning. Sigh, I'm rambling. Anyway, the one who got away, who I'll call Mr. Escape Artist, has re-inserted himself into my life. How ironic that those things happen, and now, of all times. Karma is something funny, I tell you. 

I'm not really sure what to expect, or even if my relationship could be as it was, or even if I want it to be. I just want to let him know that I've grown up, and I don't expect some sweeping emotional reunion. I don't even expect a do-over, but part of me just needs to tell him that I felt about him the way he felt about me, because the first time, I didn't. I'm not even sure why that is, why I have that need....but I do. I'll figure out the right time, and the right moment...and after I say it, I won't speak on it again.

Thoughts?

*Ashley Robin* 


1 comment:

Kofi Bofah said...

There is never a perfect moment.

Say how you feel immediately, or you may live to regret it. Revisit the topic as often as your heart desires.

I am wary of your mandate to 'not speak on it again.'