Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's Been a Long Time

Hello-

I haven't posted in a while, and thats kind of my bad. I had a serious nightmare with Apple Tech Support, also known as "AppleCare". I took it to the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue because the lid was seriously warped. I didn't take a picture of it like some people have, but I did not ever drop, knock or even scratch up this thing. After being told that the service was my fault due to some "damage on my part", I was told the repair would cost 646.89 to fix, and that I'd lost my AppleCare Extended Service Plan. So...I take my "defective" computer and go home. After calling AppleCare on the phone, they tell me that they are going to send me a box, and I'd send my computer to them in it, and they'd fix it...no problem, since this defect has been an issue. I get the box, wait for my semester to end, and I send them my lovely MacBook Pro. Somehow, they lost my laptop, TWICE, and after me cussing them out, and getting nowhere, I finally was able to find my computer...and it was in TEXAS. Now, I'm not shocked it was in Texas, even though it was supposed to be in Cleveland...but I am shocked with they start telling me the same mess that I was told at the Apple Store, that I am going to have to pay for the repair. I yell some more, and presto, I get my laptop fixed, for free. I was thanking my parents for their DNA...

My dad's also doing better. He just got on a new medication called Aricept, designed to slow down if not eradicate his symptoms so that he's more himself. If you didn't know, my father is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. The Aricept seems to allow him to have more 'good' days than bad, and he seems to be able to recall more information...even if it takes him a minute. I'm not hoping for a miracle cure, I know that Aricept does not stop the disease, but since he is in the beginning stages, I hope that it can at least lengthen the time it takes for the disease to totally dominate him. He also managed to become klutzy, this time tripping on the front steps and banging up his knee. My daddy was always a graceful man in his youth, it seems that his age is finally catching up to him. 

My grades came in, and I was surprised that I'd been able to stay the course, finishing out with a 3.0, doing the damn thing, and this next semester will be even better. Anyway, its late...gotta roll onto the Land of Nod.

Deuces!

No comments: