Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A Missing Corpse..(Yeah, I'm For Real)

A True and Funny Story...Depends on Your Sense of Humor

While I was leaving out of Social Science, my girl Raven sends me a text message telling me that her cadaver (she's taking Human Anatomy and they use actual cadavers...go figure) has up and disappeared. Well, it looks as if no one seems to have any idea where it is, that a cadaver and the gurney it rests on has gone totally AWOL, MIA, whatever you want to call it. When I get to the fourth floor for Geography, I decided to go into another professor's class to say hello to my friend for a second before class starts, and I'm not in the room two minutes when I suddenly see this gurney go whizzing past, outside the doorway, in the hall. I look at my friend with the "did you just see what i saw?" face and we both hop up, trying to figure out what was going on. Suddenly, there's this piercingly loud scream, which sounds like it's coming from the third floor (the floor below where I currently was) and all I hear is laughing from the other side of the hall of the floor I'm on. So, I look and figure it was nothing, when I see some of the basketball team guys walking down the hall. They tell me this story that they were walking past the classroom in which Human Anatomy is taught, and a cadaver was in the room, all wrapped up and alone. laying on a gurney. So they get the smart idea to wheel the gurney into the hall and just push it down, to really screw with people. You can tell these boys don't have much to do.
Anyway, they get it out in the hall, and shove it down as hard as four of them can...and it ends up in the elevator with this girl named Courtney, who if you all knew her would say is a huge crybaby. Anyway, she ends up getting out on the third floor, not before screaming her head off, and pushing it out of the elevator, so it's on the third floor somewhere. Turns out, about an hour later, they can't find it, so someone gets the bright idea to get on the PA system and page the cadaver....like it could really answer. Sigh, I don't think the world is too bright. They ended up finding it though, on the second floor somewhere. Raven was just happy because she didn't have to look at it today, since it was her cadaver and told those guys that they should try to kidnap it more often.

Overall, morbidly amusing, but seeing Courtney freak was definitely hilarious! I'm gonna laugh at her scream for a while...it's obvious that I don't like her...she can't stand me either, fyi.

Ashley Robin

No comments: