Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hating Idiots But Loving The New Perspective

getting lasik was probably the best thing i've done for myself in a while. well, other than getting things resolved with my ex, who's probably one of my best friends now, and my car. but, that's another point. anyway, for all those who are interested in doing it, definitely do your research. there's a lot of pre-op stuff you have to do to maintain your eyes, but the perks are well worth it. it's annoying as hell, to being eating a meal with someone and you're like, "oop, it's 230, gotta put my pink drops in..." but to see 20/15 out of both eyes one day after the operation....it's a miracle. lights in darkness still kinda get me, they have these glows around them, doc calls them halos, but says it should be temporary. I was so out of it yesterday, all I really did was lay around and eat a mini dump cake mom made to comfort me. My ex came over and got in the bed with me, and i slept for about six hours like that. he left after about four hours, when he had to go to work, and when i woke up from my name, with all the sensitivity and irritation practically gone, mom says that she thinks he's still in love with me. whether or not he'll ever tell me is another issue, but....that's not really the point of this.

the point is, my new vision has given me a way to see things more clearly. it's like someone took all the blinders off, literally. all the bullshit of the past, is just that. trifling people and their situations are just that too, bullshit. everyone knows a blog is for venting, so i vent. if you don't like it, don't read it. a while ago, someone said that my ex and i weren't going to work out because they didn't think he was committed to me. well, turns out they are just jealous. i didn't say that either...my ex did. most of the clarity i've gotten comes from talking to him about lots of things and people that i probably wouldn't have if we'd still been together as a couple. it's interesting how independence from a relationship allows you to just be totally open with a person. now, i can definitely say that he knows the real me.

I hate idiots. Pretentious ones, fake ones, idiots that don't realize they are idiots, idiots that pretend so much to be smart that they actually believe it...all that bull. I was talking to my friend Audrey, who's a bit of a reality dose, and she said that they're taking over the world. sad, but true. and to think, for a while, i was so hurt by the actions of idiots in my life that i let it affect my mojo. my mojo is unbreakable....which, lol, is coming on abc saturday. yay!

I'm single, but i'm pretty sure i won't be for too much longer. i got a feeling that something's coming. Made an appointment to get some new shots of myself taken without the glasses, to officially mark the end of that era. I'm so excited to see what the world has to bring. Haters only motivate, so bring it on. As i said before, 'Assholes can kick rocks two times on a hard beat!" (it's a music thing...lol)

XOXO,
Ashley Robin

No comments: