Wednesday, February 15, 2006

He's Got Really Buttery Fingers And A Great FICO

Well, I was stressed but no more. I'm starting to feel comfortable in my skin. For a while, I was a little out of it, not sure if it was just exhaustion due to lack of sleep or just being a little worried about the status of my social life, but I've got goals and dreams and plans. Bumps in the road are to be expected.

Kevin and I had an argument a few days ago...and we argue all the time. It's part of being best friends since we were 8 or 9. However, this argument was different because he stepped outside of himself, and I had to knock him back into his skin. Here's the situation...he'll hear about this but whatever.

Kevin's parents take care of him. I mean, he told his mom he wanted a car for Christmas, and she didn't get him a used car or anything like that, but she bought him a 2006 Infiniti G35. Altogether, the car cost about $35,000+. He also started school at Georgetown University on a partial scholarship, but he only got that because his SAT score was 1520 and his grades from his online classes were all A's. His grandmother sold her house and moved into a condo in California and put the money into an account that she'll be using to pay the leftover amount of his tuiton with, which is about 13,000 a year. Basically, the boy's got it made. Money has never been an issue with him...EVER...so he's not exactly the most responsible person when it comes to it.

When he said he was going to school, his mom and stepdad got him a credit card. Not just any credit card, but an AmeX with a 10,000 limit. Mind you, he's not going to spend that much, but still. So, when I told him I got my credit evaluated and was trying to get it up to par so I could buy my 4flat next year, he told me that he didn't think I was responsible when it came to money. I laughed so hard...until I realized he was serious. I know we fight like a married couple, but he's lecturing me about money when he decided on a whim that he was going to buy a 1500 surfboard so he could take up surfing when he lived in Cali, and lost it in two days! Never filed a claim, never did anything because he was too forgetful. 1500 bucks down the drain. Or, when he bought a 450 pair of shoes and wore them once, found them to be too small and then gave them to the Salvation Army....lol. I was mad.

He ended up apologizing yesterday, but it was just the tip of my iceberg. I've not been able to sleep, I've been exhausted and I've felt a little bummed. However, getting 'engaged' on valentine's day morning was nice...made me feel special. I wish I could go into more detail, but I have to scoot to class.

No comments: