Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Hard Times

Hi,

I decided to change up the way my blog looks and restart it, simply because I'm restarting myself. Life is nothing but challenging and engaging, and I've decided that I need a new perspective to match the way I'm going to see things. All that black and dark...wasn't it.

I have been given some big hurdles in my life, moreso than the average twenty-something, and I've done my best to overcome them. Sometimes I've failed, most times I've won or learned how to deal, and the lessons I've learned along the way have helped form me. I've been cynical, naive, angry, frustrated and impractical. But despite it all, I've had big laughs and big tears and can say now that I'd not have wanted it any other way. Each time I get knocked down or kicked in the gut, I've taken in the pain and moved along, chugging to my destination. I've screamed at people I love, kicked holes in walls, stood in the rain until I could feel the water saturating my bones, and I've managed to come up stronger.

This new perspective is going to be shared on this blog, which I will be using as my outlet to whomever wants to read it. I start it out as a woman who has no responsibility to anyone to censor myself, just me and my mind.

With that, I present....me.

Ashley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the pain of restarting all too well. Knowing I had a part in it just makes me feel worse. My choice to burn a bridge I held with someone so special will forever be branded into my memory as a mistake. Perhaps someday you will forgive me.

Wishing you and your father well,

-Watchful Guardian