Friday, December 15, 2006

Disappearing Acts

I'd fallen off recently because I've been too involved in fixing me. Y'know there comes a time where you have to stop and re-evaluate what you are doing with your life, where you are going and if you are truly happy with it. I can say that some things are falling into place while others are just kinda floating...so I'm tackling each issue one at a time.

Congrats to me and my ship S.S.H.W.C., the brand spanking new Fall 06 members of Xi Kappa Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. The process was interesting, life impacting and unforgettable. For the bond I've forged with my ships, it was worth all the mess and drama. If you find a group that you can see yourself involved with, I say go for it. If not, then don't do anything. Do research, go to events, meet with the members. It's a serious committment and should be taken as such. I have no regrets.

I found that I calmed myself down with everything through yoga, pilates, dance, knitting and destroying jeans. Yeah, I destroy jeans. I've gotten some comments on the ones I've done so far, and people have been asking me to do pairs for them, so that's gonna be something I look into for next year. A girl's gotta earn money somehow. I'm also learning the guitar, learning how to channel myself creatively, and planning a new type of growth for myself. I'm excited. All my plans will kick into effect Jan. 1, though. Starting fresh....it's just smelling so fantastic.


Stay Blessed Always,
Ashley Robin

No comments: