Thursday, May 18, 2006

Always Wantin Somethin 4 Nothin.....

I'm convinced that almost everyone wants something for nothing. Whatever happened to the idea of hard work, working so hard that when the good does come, it's just that more great. People expect opportunity to fall into their laps, and it's not fair to those who know getting into the game that shit ain't easy.

Look at the way society is today. They are teaching people to not aspire to work hard, just to get nice shit. And trust me, having nice shit is GREAT, but if there's no work behind it, that's all it is...SHIT. I was raised that if you strive for something, whether it be a job, class grade, radio mix, whatever, that if you put as much of yourself and your work into it, it would end up well for you in the end. You might not get that specific job, but someone will see you doing your thing and remember that you are a hard worker...and when something else comes up, (and it might be something better than that first job), they'll think of you. That's how I've gotten to where I've been...with dedication, ambition, focus and HARD WORK!

What inspires me to say such? Well, in the past two years of my life, I've busted my ass a million times to have the connects I do in my industry, to not only say I know people, but have gained their respect, confidence and trust as well. Not to tip my own hat, but people who are where I want to be someday have asked me for my feelings about industry-related matters and have taken my advice. So, I know I'm not booty...at all. Just seems like people who want to be in that same industry but maybe not in the same capacity as I do want to try to take advantage of that. And while it flatters me that they think I can help, it also feels like they are bending me over and trying to rape my ass. Literally. I usually end up pissed off. I can't help it. I feel like, why should I do you a favor and do XYZ for you, when I might need a favor for myself someday? Why should i go out on a limb and say that your shit is hot, when it might be a huge mistake and be some garbage shit altogether, ruining my credibility, my name and my chance of ever getting that person to believe in me and my future? It ain't worth it. Point is- Don't ask me for shit.

Ash

No comments: