Tuesday, August 1, 2006

My Mortal Mother (Part II)

Just when we all got over the whole, "hey, your mom just might have skin cancer" bit, and let me tell you, as close as we are, that was horrible..come to find out her knee is bothering her and she just might have to have surgery on it...again. Last time was so horrible, because I was too young to drive her and she made me go to school that day...so when I came home, she'd not only had to get a cab ride home, her leg was wrapped up in these bloody bandages...I'm just hoping and praying it doesn't come down to something that extreme...but if not, I may be calling on my friends to come help me take care of her...people that know her know she can be a bit of a diva....I'mma need support. Last time, it was pretty bad, and she's so damn stubborn..she was trying to cook dinner for us two days later and was hobbling around and I could not force her to sit down. No wonder where I get it from...the stubborness, I mean. Hopefully, it doesn't come to that, but I'm preparing myself regardless. Sigh....

In other news, school's almost here. I'm excited to get another semester going, but not because I've got way more responsibility. I've got the Honors College, the Dean's List, a possible thing at the Radio Station, as well as my job and dealing with trying to go abroad next summer. Yeah, I plan to do that too. Might as well before I get shackled into some 9 to 5 gig, and maybe I'll get a job offer from someone out there and just go live there. Sigh, who knows?

No boyfriend as of yet, just dates. It's weird that most of my friends are coupled up and I'm not. Does that make me picky, strange or just that it's not meant to be? I don't know...and part of me doesn't care. I like not having to explain my relationships with guys to someone, to not have to feel like I need to justify this person or that person....it's a definite feeling of empowerment, but at the same time, when it gets dark and the world's slowed down and everyone's in bed...I'm in my bed alone. I like that, because then I get to sleep in the middle and don't have a "Side" but I don't because it's also just as nice to be able to feel the warmth of a warm body next to you. Sex? I don't really miss that as much as I thought I would. Weird, huh? I guess I've been too busy lately to be horny. And that, at my age, is definitely weird, haha!

Well, you won't see me crying....I love my life, through and through.

As of Monday, August 7th, I'm starting a new quest to make myself the best person possible....expect great things.

XoXo,
Ashley

No comments: